Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Society are
- To cultivate and promote research, education and development of Horticulture and allied branches of science.
- To recognize and support excellence achieved in scientific research and development in the field of Horticulture by individual scientists, inter-disciplinary teams, recognized institutions, learned societies and industry.
- To promote contact and co-operation among R & D personnel working in different institutions and areas (including growers and industry).
- To regularly bring out the Indian Journal of Horticulture and any other publication decided by the Society.
- To disseminate knowledge on all Horticultural crops and their different aspects by holding seminars, symposia, conferences, discussions etc. and publishing their proceedings.
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of Horticulture in all its aspects.
- To undertake other activities relevant to accomplish the above objectives.